Are the days slipping by as quickly for you as they seem to be for me? I can’t even wrap my mind around it. Every day I have high hopes for what I want to do and every day life happens and my list doesn’t get accomplished. I do recognize that my list isn’t all that matters. Hoping to get my Christmas cards in the mail tomorrow!
Before I do a quick holiday *b* list, I wanted to share the link to today’s October Afternoon blog post that has a couple of pages designed by Nicole and I. We both used the Make it Merry collection on our projects. So many fun products for the holidays!
I have two pages for my December Daily! I have taken photos for each day, so it’s just a matter of printing them and adding them along with some journaling. I WILL do this!
*b* list of favorite Christmas traditions
- Photo cards. Probably one of my favorite traditions of all. I love to plan and design our cards, address the envelopes and send them out…I also love, love, love to receive them! Each day when Tom brings the mail in, I’m like a kid! I treasure them. Tonight, I am looking forward to working on ours!
I used the Paislee Press Christmas card template this year. I had our cards printed on pearl, linen and bamboo papers. Do you see my custom house stamp and my JCrew roller stamp at the ready? The custom house stamp is one of my favorite gifts ever. My friend Denise sketched our house (along with a few other friends’ homes) and had the sketch made into a stamp. I can’t think of a more thoughtful gift. The fact that this home is so special to us makes the stamp even more meaningful. I am also delighted to be using a gold Sharpie to address my envies. I love Sharpies and I am obsessed with gold right now.
- Our Christmas Eve menu. My family is really partial to this tradition too.
Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
Field of Greens with Feta, Walnuts, Dried Cranberries or Mandarin Oranges
Red Waldorf Astoria Cake (Jesus’ Birthday Cake)
- Church. The services, the music, the connections with people who share the same faith and believe. It’s so miraculous and mysterious that God came to earth as a baby and went on to die for us and our salvation. It moves me like nothing else. I’m so excited that our church is having a Christmas Eve service!
- Handmade Decor. Advent calendars, Banners/Pennants, Ornaments, etc…I really enjoy the process of making holiday decor and decorating with custom handmade pieces. About four years ago, I made this advent calendar for Fiskars and we’re still using it.
I’m always a fan of vintage frame projects.
- Personalized Gifts. Last week I mentioned quite a few ideas, but I have to highlight my faves here. Photo canvases, calendars, photobooks, and this year I used Pinhole Press for a few really special custom photo gifts that I can’t tell yet!
- Decking the halls. My decorating go-tos are: evergreen trimmings from the tree (three sap buckets full), vintage balls (collected for over 20 years! Now I see them and tell myself no more!), chalkboard messages, ribbon, paper (I’m very specific about wrapping paper), vintage book decor, lights, candles, cloches with festive little vignettes, vintage reindeer, glitter, metallics and a vintage box for cards received.
I hope as Christmas is approaching that you and your loved ones are savoring every moment!